Since arriving in Vistancia, I have admired the beauty of our community and had a desire to protect that beauty. What better way to achieve this than serve my community?
I began by volunteering on the Neighborhood Advisory Committee, advising the developer-run Board from a resident standpoint. Additionally, we worked on several projects, including a landscape RFP and the cell phone tower proposal, where we researched and invited vendors to present their proposals to the Committee and the residents.
After the community transitioned to the resident-run Board, I served on the Landscape Committee and eventually became the Chairman. From there, I was elected to the VVA Board of Directors, where I continue to serve today. It has been an absolute joy to serve on the VVA Board of Directors, and I hope to continue my service on the Board.
1. Do you currently or have you previously served on a board or committee?
I currently serve on the VVA resident board and am near the end of my two year term. In addition, I serve as the board liaison on the landscape committee that I was previously the chairman of. Since my arrival here in Vistancia, I have served in some capacity on other committees. I currently serve on the VVA Board of directors.
2. How you will be able to put aside personal biases and desires to make decisions for the betterment of the entire community?
Over my many years of community service, I have always put aside personal biases. As a resident of Vistancia, my interest is only to continue to make Vistancia the leading master planned community in the valley.
3. What is the most important issue facing the community in the next two years?
Our most important issue is the perceived lack of communication to the residents. We must increase our efforts to encourage using official Vistancia social media avenues along with changing the weekly Eblasts to include board communications.
4. What can the Association do to help maintain or improve current property values?
The association can maintain and improve property values by enforcing the CC&Rs
5. What are the three most important ways we can increase the sense of community in Vistancia?
Continue to offer activities that appeal to residents.
Ensure residents’ concerns are given due process and consideration.
6. How do you feel about the collaborative-partnership approach between the Board, community members and the management team? What would you do to support and/or improve these relationships moving forward?
I fully support a collaborative-partnership approach between the Board, community members, and CCMC. By listening to residents and using the expertise of or CCMC partners, the board can make informed decisions that protect VVA assets and residents from unforeseen exposure.